1. Always listen carefully to the teacher and follow instructions.
2. Do not run in the workshop, you could ‘bump’ into another pupil and cause an accident.
3. Know where the emergency stop buttons are
positioned in the workshop. If you see an accident at the other side of the workshop you can use the emergency stop button to turn off all electrical power to machines.
4. Always wear an apron as it will protect your clothes and hold loose clothing such as ties in place.
5. Wear good strong shoes. Training shoes are not suitable.
6. When attempting practical work all stools should be put away.
7. Bags should not be brought into a workshop as people can trip over them.
8. When learning how to use a machine, listen very carefully to all the instructions given by the teacher. Ask questions, especially if you do not fully understand.
9. Do not use a machine if you have not been shown how to operate it safely by the teacher.
10. Always be patient, never rush in the workshop.
11. Always use a guard when working on a machine.
12. Keep hands away from moving/rotating machinery.
13. Use hand tools carefully, keeping both hands behind the cutting edge.
14. Report any damage to machines/equipment as this could cause an accident.