A workshop is a place where engineering works are being carried out by the professionals or experts. Things are made or repaired in a workshop. It is imperative we maintain safety in the workshop to avoid loss of lives or and properties.
Some workshop safety rules:
- If chips of wood are likely to fly, wear safety goggles
- Always hold the work piece securely in the vice
- Don’t use chisels that have developed mushroom heads
- Never use a file that has no handle
- If work piece is hot, mark it so that others will be alerted.
- Do not operate any machine or use any tool without a prior knowledge or having being instructed on how it should be used.
- Always wear an overall while in the workshop.
- Always wear hard covered shoes with hard soles.
- When in doubt, always ask.
- Do not lean on a running machine
Some safety items need for protection from injuries while working: