Rescue comprises of responsive operations that usually involve the saving of life or prevention of injure during an incident or dangerous situation.
Rescue operations are carried out by trained firemen, police, military, first aid or ambulance attendants.
Types of Rescue Operations
1. Air-Sea Rescue (ASR) is the coordinated search and rescue of emergency water landings as well as people who have survived shipwreck or boat mishap
2. Combat search and rescue (CSAR) is the search and rescue operations that are carried out during war that are within or near combat zone.
3. Mine rescue is the specialized job of rescuing miners and others who are trapped or injured in underground mines after mine accidents.
4. Cave rescue is the operation involved in rescuing people trapped, lost or injured in wilderness or cave.
5. Surface-water rescue is the rescue of a person who is afloat on the surface of a body of water.
6. Vehicle extrication is the process of removing vehicle from around a person who has been involved in a motor accident.
7. Confined space rescue involves the rescue and recovery of victims trapped in a confined space like tanks, sewers and underground vaults.
8. Urban search and rescue involves the location extrication and initial medical stabilization of victims trapped in collapsed buildings or trenches.
1. Define the term ‘rescue’.
2. What are rescue operations?
3. What is the full meaning of CSAR?
4. Describe ASR.
5. When miners are trapped how are they rescued?
6. Differentiate between cave rescue and surface-water rescue.
7. What is vehicle extrication?
8. What do we call the rescue of people trapped in a collapsed building?
9. Mention four persons trained to help in rescue operations.
10. What rescue operation is right for the rescue of someone trapped in a vault?
1. From what raw material can we get wood from?
2. Mention four uses of wood.