Doors are entries or exits into and out of a building or room. Doors are made of wood or metals. Doors are fixed to the wall with hinges so that they can swing freely. They have handles to help open and close them, and locks that ensures that it cannot be opened without a key.
Types of doors
Windows are openings made of glass, wood or metal, to allow light and air from outside to enter a building.
Types of windows
Functions of doors and windows
1. Safety: doors and windows keep the occupants of the apartment relatively safe from intruders and elements like snow, rain, heat and wind. Strong doors and windows deter unscrupulous entities from gaining free access into the house.
2. Beauty: doors and windows add to the aesthetic beauty of a house.
3. Thermal efficiency: good doors and windows help to keep the ‘room temperature’ sane when the generally weather in the neighborhood his low. Most folks in extremely cold regions who cannot afford the luxury of heaters and fireplaces depends on their thermal efficient window and door panels to assist in keeping the extreme cold at a bearable degree.
1. Sketch three different types of doors.
2. Sketch three different types of windows.
1. What is a door?
2. Why are doors fixed to buildings?
3. What is a window?
4. Why are windows fixed to buildings?
5. Draw two types of doors you know.
6. Draw two types of windows you know.
1. What is a roof?
2. Draw the symbols of the following:
b. Strip foundation
c. Filament bulb
e. Wash hand basin
(Credits: newtconstruction.com, www.everestply.com, www.geetaplyboards.com, french-doors.net, www.yyconstruction.com, www.bmwindowsca.com, superiorgaragedoorsatlanta.com, the-windowco.co.uk, www.dorma.com, www.windowgrill.com.sg, knowledge.autodesk.com, gradyjoinery.com, www.windoor.com.au)